Bali Level 1
Date: 30 June – 28 July 2013
Course fee: AUD$4,300
Includes: yoga tuition, comprehensive yoga teacher training manual & 200 hour accredited certification
Deposit: AUD$500 – to be paid to Yoga Arts at the time of application
Yoga Alliance Accreditation: 200 hours
Arrival & Departure 2013: Arrive Saturday 29 June – Depart Sunday 28 July
Location: Ubud, Bali
Venue: Dragonfly Village>
Dates for 2014: 29 June – 27 July – Please email your interest now to Liz on email@example.com
Teachers 2013: bios
Louisa Sear: Asana, Meditation, Pranayama, Self Inquiry, Ayurvedic Lifestyle
Lucy Roberts – Asana, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Techniques and Teaching Methodology, Moving Meditation Dance
Trish Peacock – Asana Assistant
Emil Wendel – Yoga Philosophy, Meditation & Pranayama
Stuart Girling – Anatomy & Physiology
Accommodation Fee 2013: Share accommodation onsite at Dragonfly is AUD$842 for the month of the training including breakfast.
Venue Details: Dragonfly Village is set in the midst of one of the most beautiful rice field walks in Bali, and only 700 meters from the heart of Ubud town center. This eco village is home to hundreds of mystical dragonflies during the days and dancing fireflies at night. In the distance you can view Mt Batukaru and the sacred Mt Agung. Only footsteps away you will find the Sari Organik Restaurant which hosts the largest organic farm in Ubud – One of our, and our past participants favorite restaurants.
Prerequisite Level 1: To be accepted onto the Yoga Arts level 1 training, students will need to have completed a minimum of 2 years consistent, dedicated yoga practice under the guidance of qualified yoga teacher(s). The student will also be required to provide Yoga Arts with 1 reference from the qualified yoga teacher they have consistently studied with.
Louisa Sear is the Founder, Director and course coordinator of the Yoga Arts’ Yoga Teacher Trainings. Yoga Arts has a team of dedicated, highly trained and experienced yoga teachers that have trained and worked, with Yoga Arts, for many years. Please see above for the teachers that will be teaching on the 2013 training.
Before applying for the Level 1 training, please be sure to read the ‘ About Yoga Teacher Trainings‘ page on our website. This page outlines the prerequisites and other relevant information for training applicants.
Ubud has the perfect peaceful surroundings to allow students to go deeply inside and focus solely on their yoga practice. Ubud also offers many excellent cafes and restaurants, as well as, money changing facilities, automatic teller machines (ATMs) and inexpensive massage and beauty spa treatments. All of these facilities are in easy waling distance from the Yoga room and accommodation houses.
Not far away, you will find the famous Ubud markets, shops, museums and vibrant cultural performances.The beach is approximately 1 hour’s drive from Ubud. June through to August is winter in Bali and the climate is very pleasant but tropical. It can be slightly cool in the evenings. The climate is humid, all year round, and it can rain heavily at times, so be sure to bring wet weather gear.
General overview of course content for the Bali level 1 Yoga Teacher Training:
- Meditation - guided meditation techniques
- Pranayama – guided breathing techniques
- Asana - yoga postures Vinyasa style with focus on alignment
- Techniques - alignment, modifications
- Teaching Methodology – prop usage, sequencing, adjusting skills, asana & body assessment, personal programs, teaching beginners, injury prevention
- Practical Application – practical teaching
- Yoga Ethics & Professional Development – ethics related to Yoga teachers
- Self Inquiry & Yoga Lifestyle – self analysis & deeper understanding of Self
- Yoga Philosophy – Advaita & Tantra, Mantra, Chanting, Bhajans, Nadis, Chakras, Yamas & Niyamas, introduction to Ayurveda Lifestyle
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga – the skeletal, muscular, respiratory, nervous & endocrine systems including movement of joints
- Yoga Therapy – safely working with students with injuries
- Communication – how to be clear, confident and concise with your teaching instruction